[Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: a couple of quick things (Josh Miller)

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: a couple of quick things (Josh Miller)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:59:40 +1100

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Josh Miller" <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] a couple of quick things
> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:56:08 -0600
>

> I will keep a not of this for when the developer docs get put in
> order.

Thanks for that - I am starting to understand how much work that will
involve.  I don't envy the person(people) who take that job on.

> Currently we are linking to a local copy of your page, not at your
> site.If you want to send me the file again I will update it on the
> docs site.

Sorry if there is some confusion.  I wish I wrote the HelloWorld doc
:)   I was just making a few comments/suggestions - maybe they could be
passed on the author.

I just starting to write my own app and finding what docs are around are
very useful.

Keep up the great work

skwashd
Dave Hall

> Thanks,
>   Josh Miller
>
> >From: Dave Hall <address@hidden>
> >To: address@hidden
> >Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] a couple of quick things
> >Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:59:13 +1100
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >BearStone asked that I keep a note of things that need updating when
> >working on my app.  Well here goes for the first list:
> >
> >* the link for the HelloWorld doc needs to be updated to
> >[...]/html.old[...] now that it has moved from [...]/html/[...] -
> I have
> >found this to be the best phpgw developer doc for thick people.
> >
> >* the link function supports get variables or query strings,
> documenting>this in the main developer doc would be handy (it would
> save people some
> >time.  something like his would suffice - ie
> >$GLOBALS['phpgw']->link($page,var1=var1+var2=var2).
> >
> >* making a note in the developer doc that all functions are now
> $GLOBAL>- yes i can be really thick sometimes.  Just at the top of
> section 5 a
> >note like
> >
> ><idea>
> >5.0.1 - Important changes to the API
> >From v0.09.13 onward the API has changed all functions now called via
> >global (variables?).
> >Example:
> >So now instead of using $phpgw->send->msg();
> >  - you would use $GLOBALS['phpgw']send->msg();  etc.
> >All API functions in this document will be updated shortly.
> ></idea>
> >
> >Thats all for now
> >
> >Thanks again
> >
> >skwashd
> >Dave Hall

Would you like to receive faxes to your personal email address?
You can with mBox.  Visit http://www.mbox.com.au/fax