[Phpgroupware-docteam] a couple of quick things

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] a couple of quick things
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:59:13 +1100

Hi all,

BearStone asked that I keep a note of things that need updating when
working on my app.  Well here goes for the first list:

* the link for the HelloWorld doc needs to be updated to
[...]/html.old[...] now that it has moved from [...]/html/[...] - I have
found this to be the best phpgw developer doc for thick people.

* the link function supports get variables or query strings, documenting
this in the main developer doc would be handy (it would save people some
time.  something like his would suffice - ie
$GLOBALS['phpgw']->link($page,var1=var1+var2=var2).

* making a note in the developer doc that all functions are now $GLOBAL
- yes i can be really thick sometimes.  Just at the top of section 5 a
note like

<idea>
5.0.1 - Important changes to the API
>From v0.09.13 onward the API has changed all functions now called via
global (variables?).
Example:
So now instead of using $phpgw->send->msg();
 - you would use $GLOBALS['phpgw']send->msg();  etc.
All API functions in this document will be updated shortly.
</idea>

Thats all for now

Thanks again

skwashd
Dave Hall

Would you like a mobile office from only $29.95 per year?
Visit http://www.mbox.com.au