[Phpgroupware-docteam] phpgroupware-docs more amendment

From: Josh Miller
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] phpgroupware-docs more amendment
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:54:57 -0600

I am trying to correct and amend things in the Admin guide, and this has taken me to a few confusions, and things I feel I need to say. (yes I may rant)

First off, Brandon has made Makefile s for the SGML documents currently in CVS if you wish to use them, and have the proper software setup, try 'make html', 'make FAQ', and 'make admin'. 'make user' also works, but has currently limited content. also do a make install after to place the html in the propper directory structure.

This along with a docs checkout on the docs site, will allow us to make quick updates to site when errors are found.

I am also thinking it is time to prepare the docs for the .14 release. That means changeing referneces to .14 Stable and .15 HEAD. I will copy the current built documentation to a temporary location, and link to that from the docs website. Then I will create a new page along the lines of thedocteam.php file with links to the underdevlopement docs. Then when .14 is produced, I will change the temp doc directory to point the the files locations in the Stable-demo on the main site, and maintain the work inprogress page for new edit documentation.

I also want everyone to feel free to look for holes in what will show up on the http://docs.phpgroupware.org/docteam.php list of documents. I want to try and have content at an exceptable level very soon, so we can pass what we have to the translation team, so we can have docs in other non-english languages.

Let me know what you think,
  Josh Miller