Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Second time

From: Josh Miller
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Second time
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:18:23 -0600

My suggestions for translation would be to, get a cvs co of the HEAD .13 branch. Make sure you grab the module developer_tools, and anyther module you will need, or are willling to traqnslate. Chmod/chown your setup directory for each module, so that the webserver has write permission. Then give a user access to developer_tools. Within Developer_tools is a language option. Click on this then click on a module. This will take you to a screen with a list of phrases. If there is already a some phrases translated then you should pick the language as the sourcelanguage and submit it. You shoudl also pick the destination language and submit it. At the bottom of the page will be a button that will search for missing phrases. Press it. This will take you to a page very similar to the one you were just at. Check each box on the left and submit it.(sorry for not having a check all option) This will place all of the phrases in the current phrase editing page. Copy the OLD prase column to the blanks at the right and at the bottom choose write source language. You will then be ready to do translations. Simply fill in the phrases on the right in the proper way for the language. When finished press write destination Language.

To see how to submit your final product please see:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=4679&group_id=7305

2. What I can do with UTF problems described below?
   It is very important for me now.

I am going to try and help you find an answer for this, but I am not real sure who to talk to, I will let you know.

The non language portion of your email should probably be sent to the developers list. But there is a branched project that was working on a version of phpgroupware that is prject oriented, like sourceforge. And I am sure your other comments would be considered welcome contributions. Even if they are just as ideas/and suggestions.

If you have more questions let me know. I will try to direct you to the right person if I don't know the answer.

- Josh Miller