[Phpgroupware-docteam] How about documentation

From: Marcel van Dorp
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] How about documentation
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 08:54:12 +0100

Hi all,

I'm new to this list, and came here because Seek3r pointed me here. I'm
using phpGroupWare for over 6 months now, and I want to add a neat
application. I'm not familiar with the API, so I'm looking for
documentation. That's how I came here.

The discussion the past few days is about a program to make
documentation available (SGML vs. HTML), and how to represent this
information. I'm interested in the documentation itself! How does it
work, what API functions are available, etc.

I found the developer doc, but it's incomplete and out-of-date. I've
looked through the code, but if you don't know the general scheme, it's
difficult to follow. I made some progress, however :*)

What I want is:
*) good documentation about the structure of phpGroupWare
*) good documentation of the API
*) HOWTO write your own modules
*) How do I make my own theme
*) Installation notes, both of phpGroupWare and addon modules

What I can offer is:
*) I can translate available docs into Dutch (that's my native language)
*) I can write down how I installed phpGroupWare, and what I learned
from the
   code
*) I can give comments from a user point of view :*)

As a final note:

I think phpGroupWare is a great tool, which fits my needs on most
issues. I also think the design is superior, being both DB-driven and
modular. The downside is the lack of good documentation, and I'm willing
to invest some time and effort to change this.

Just my 2 cts. ofcourse,

Regards,

Marcel