pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] LZW filter re-implementation

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] LZW filter re-implementation
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:35:12 +0200

   I attach a new patch trying to adapt the LZW filter implementation
   to the new filter API.

Applied.

   2. Because of the cache size stuff, those embarrassing weird goto's are
   kept. Maybe we can consider allowing the filters specify a
   "minimum-cache" parameter to avoid non-necessary code bloat and/or
   efficiency tradeoffs?

It is indeed something to consider: it is quite unlikely for
applications to use cache sizes like 1 or 10.  It is good to not
require a minimum cache size, as long as it is possible, but a
reasonable minimum cache size due to efficiency issues would be
considered.

   4. I factored out the test cases sent by Brad Hards using fixtures to
   allocate/deallocate the stream. This may cause an overhead in the
   overall runing time as the fixture is setup/teareddown on every test
   cases. I still think that it would be useful to factor-out other tests
   to use this fixture and so avoid setup/dealloc boilerplate -I did not do
   it in case their authors disagree.

I agree with that approach.  Don't worry about the running time of the
tests.

   5. I disabled the tokenizer utility, it seems that a header file was
   forgotten in the last commit.

Yep, utils/pdf-tokeniser.h was missing.  I incorporated it.

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  http://www.jemarch.net