pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] pdf-time new tests and bugfixes

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] pdf-time new tests and bugfixes
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:47:05 +0200

Hi Lukasz.

   I am sending another portion of tests for pdf-time module.  In file
   pdf-time-new-tests.tar.gz are files with new tests.
   pdf-time-tests.patch fixes some errors reported by Brad Hards
   (Thanks)

I added the new time tests and applied pdf-time.patch and
pdf-types.patch.

   Currently there are two failing tests

base/time/pdf-time-from-string.c:471:F:pdf_time_from_string:pdf_time_from_string_006:0:
 Failure 'status != PDF_OK' occured

base/time/pdf-time-span-negate.c:113:F:pdf_time_span_negate:pdf_time_span_negate_003:0:
 Failure 'status != PDF_ERROR'
   occured

   First of them is problem with trailing apostrophe, problem is fixed
   in another thread.

   And second problem is passing Null pointers as parameters to some
   functions of pdf_time module. In my opinion it is pointless bacause
   if someone forget to create object then it is not initialized to
   NULL so it isn't any protection of uninitialized variables.

We had a discussion about this topic (whether to check for NULL in
pointer parameters) some time ago, and I am of the same opinion than
you. But those checks are not harmful. The test should be failing for
some specific reason.

   BTW I have sended a pdf-stm-flush test 6 February 2009. It isn't
   applyed yet.  You were waiting for my papers, and in result you
   forgot to commit it.

Ok, I am searching that patch.

For future contributions, please send a ChangeLog entry as part of
your patch, and also a patch for AUTHORS if needed.

Many thanks! :)

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  http://www.jemarch.net