partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] New user help

From: BEV
Subject: [Partysip-dev] New user help
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:10:41 -0000

Hi,

I have partysip 2.1.0 and libsip2 2.0.5 installed on Red Hat 8. I have two bell tone SIP phones. I configured the SIP phones to use my Red Hat system as the proxy server. As I watch ethereal, I see in Invite request from the phone. My server asks who has the IP address of the SIP phone. The sip phone responds with it's mac address. The proxy server then says that the destination is unreachable.

I have the phones and the serve hooked up to a NAT. I can ping the phones from my server.

Do I need to register the phones as users? If so how do I do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Beverly Novak
526-3884
address@hidden