partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] New osip & partysip release.

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: [Partysip-dev] New osip & partysip release.
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:07:03 +0100 (CET)

libosip2-2.0.5.tar.gz has just been released:

http://osip.atosc.org/download/osip/libosip2-2.0.5.tar.gz

This new version contains a new timer facility which allow the above
application to avoid useless polling on osip. With a new method, you will
learn how much time you should sleep before calling again the "*_execute"
methods of osip. I'm sure you'll appreciate this new functionnality.

A new release of partysip is also out:

http://savannah.gnu.org/download/partysip/partysip-2.1.0.tar.gz

The unoffical developpement branch is now the stable one. The core
application (sfp module) has been rewritten with finite state machine.
This makes the new version a lot more readable and will ease the
developpement of new improvements.

Thanks to this new architecture (the uap and imp modules have been removed
and merged in the state machines), and thanks to the use of the new timer
osip facility:

1: the latency and performance of partysip have been somewhat
   improved (I was able to run one hundreds of transaction
   (INVITE/4XX/ACK) in less than one seconds)
2: Partysip can now try several url sequentially when a plugin
   give fallback urls (instead of the mandatory forking mode)
   This way, you can implement plugins which redirect calls
   to a voice mail if there is no answer on a phone.

Enjoy!
Aymeric