parallel

Re: bug report

From: Juan Sierra Pons
Subject: Re: bug report
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:22:10 +0100

I would look for the oom killer in dmesg/journal logs

https://sdk.rackspace.com/support/how-to/linux-out-of-memory-killer/

Hope it helps

Best regards

El lun, 7 mar 2022 15:08, Julien Gamba <julien@jgamba.eu> escribió:
Hello,

I am using parallel to process a large amount of files. This morning I
found that it has crashed during the night.

Here is the message I get:

parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.

Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:

* The version number: 20161222

* The bugid: swap_activity_file-r

* The command line being run

* The files being read (put the files on a webserver if they are big)

The command was:

        parallel --bar --memfree 100G   \
                 --noswap -j 100%       \
                ./worker.sh :::: paths.csv

worker.sh does some pre-processing on the data and eventually launches a
python script. It also redirects the error output with `2> foo.txt` when
launching the python script if that is relevant.

paths.csv contains a list of file paths, one per line.

Unfortunately I am not a liberty to share the python script or the files
being processed. I hope there is enough information here!

Happy to give more details if needed.
Thanks, and thanks for your work on this awesome tool!

-- Julien