parallel

GNU Parallel is now on LBRY

From: Ole Tange
Subject: GNU Parallel is now on LBRY
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 00:42:01 +0200

GNU Parallel's intro videos are available on Youtube. But I have long
been dissatisfied with Youtube's surveillance and arbitrary private
censorship.

So I have been looking for an alternative, that was:

* distributed (so no single organization can shut it down or censor it)
* free software (so if the organization behind turns evil, we can fork the code)
* and easy to run for normal people (if you need to port forward or
have a 24/7 server, my mum cannot join the party)

I think I have found it. It is called LBRY and you can get the
software here: https://lbry.com/get

LBRY is sort of a mix between Youtube, Bittorrent and Patreon; and I
will highly encourage you to test it - especially if you are critical
of Youtube's influence.

You find GNU Parallel's channel at lbry://@GnuParallel:4 (or if you
still have not installed the desktop program:
https://odysee.com/@GnuParallel:4). And you can even download the
latest version of GNU Parallel through LBRY at
lbry://@GnuParallel#4/parallel-20210422.tar.bz2#b

/Ole