Re: [paragui-users] Tooltips and other widgets in ParaGUI?

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Tooltips and other widgets in ParaGUI?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:14:45 -0700 (PDT)

On 15 Aug 2003, Mark Junker wrote:

> > I can't think of a way to trigger tooltips that doesn't use either
> > threading or signals at the moment.  There has to be a single-thread
> > compatible way...  Here's a spot where having a message-passing system in
> > ParaGUI would actually help *g*
> Just use a timer and emit a "show tooltip" event when the mouse is hovering
> over a widget for a given time. After another duration, or when the mouse
> moves (hook in the global event queue) the timer event will emit the "hide
> tooltip" event.

this may seem non-obvious but - is it possible to run timers without
conflicting with other running timers?

Actually I suspect so - SDL's pretty good about this.

Wonder what to do about multiple mice btw? *g*
(I have currently ummm *three* mouselike objects attached to computer...
am tempted to add support for simultaneous mice :)

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis