Re: [paragui-users] translation to C ideas...

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] translation to C ideas...
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:38:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Roger D. Vargas wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, Teunis Peters wrote:
>
> > Well I knew I said I wouldn't post about progress but it's been real quiet
> > here so why not.
> >
> > As it stands, still converting basic types.  There's a lot of difference
> > in how C handles data from C++ - stdc++ and sigc++ dependencies being the
> > most extreme.  Funny thing is, sigc++ is much easier to convert...
> Excuse my insistence, what about the message system? That replaces
> callback system.

Haven't decided yet.  Am not rushing into it - callbacks work perfectly
fine.. for now.
Deciding on a different approach can have MANY ... long term ... effects.
A chunk of windows' inefficiency is from a poorly (YES! poorly) designed
and setup set of rules from Windows 1.0 which have NEVER been able to be
removed.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis

PS: weirdly enough I -have- once seen code for windows 1.0.  Don't
remember though it's been many many years, but the message passing system
in Windows hasn't changed since...