Re: [paragui-users] Linker error: undefinedreferenceto'PG_Rect::PG_Rect(

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Linker error: undefinedreferenceto'PG_Rect::PG_Rect()'
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:06:50 +0200

Am Freitag, 27. Juni 2003 10:40 schrieb Tobi Karlsberg:
> >Maybe you should take a look at Dev-C++. It's an IDE based on MinGW.
> >There are ParaGUI projectfiles for Dev-C++ (paragui.dev) in 1.0.4 Beta2
>
> I also tried Dev-C++ but I couldn't compile it. I've the same PG_Rect()
> ErrorMessage. A .DevPack would be fine! I included the SDL Libs in Dev-Cpp
> this way. Are you able to make or provide one?

Well. Theoretically i could (at least i have the knowledge to do this). The
only problem is time (and maybe money). It's an opensource project. All
development outside the Linux environment is totally out of my scope.

> Do you know any other info pages for Paragui? Paragui is a very good idea
> but I was surprised that I didn't find any good tutorial - only
> paragui.org.

As said before: The project just can be as good as the contributions are. It's
impossible for me to write tutorials, test code for different platforms,
create different precompiled binaries and so on (and all this without earning
a single cent for it).

I stopped moaning about this a long time ago. I just can take the
contributions and publish them. OpenSource only works if all guys respect the
system of taking and giving back.

I know there are some guys in the list that suceeded in building ParaGUI with
MinGW. Maybe someone with more experience on this could help.

Alex