Re: [paragui-users] Linker error: undefined reference to'PG_Rect::PG_Rec

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Linker error: undefined reference to'PG_Rect::PG_Rect()'
Date: 26 Jun 2003 18:56:39 +0200

Am Don, 2003-06-26 um 16.58 schrieb Tobi Karlsberg:
> Thank you for your support. Here are the answers:
>
> >Which version are you using ?
> I tried Paragui  1.0.3 and now I' ve tested the new beta: 1.0.4-beta2. I had
> the same linker error.
> MinGW Version: 2.0.0-3

ok.

> >Did you compile ParaGUI yourself ?
> No I didn't. I used your pre-compiled ones.

Hmm,...
Are you using the precompiled binaries for VisualC++ ?
The downloadable binaries (from savannah) are compiled for VisualC++.
AFAIK, MinGW uses the GNU compilers (gcc). These compilers produce C++
binary incompatible code.

Conclusion:
If you want to link your MinGW compiled app with a C++ library it must
be also compiled with the MinGW compiler.

> >Did you compile the lib and the app with the same compiler version ?
> If you mean the paragui.lib? I have not compiled ParaGUI myself, because I
> am (not proud to say it but) a newbie in C++ compiling and makefiles. I am
> proud to have this error message because it wasn't the first one. :-) But
> this is an unbreakable wall for me...

Indeed :)

You need to recompile ParaGUI with the MinGW compiler.

Alex