[paragui-users] win32 ParaGUI crash on exit??? HELP!

From: Chris Rogers
Subject: [paragui-users] win32 ParaGUI crash on exit??? HELP!
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:10:52 +1000

Hi all,

Has anyone here successfully had ParGUI running on win32? Especially through VC++6?

I have been trying the binary distribution (using ParaGUI-1.0.2.zip).
I am able to compile Ok, using some tutorial files which were supplied (including an incredibly simple hello world example which does nothing). Things run Ok (buttons click, mouse rollovers work etc), however I find that whenever the app exits, a crash results. I have tried to link using various linking options - multithreaded, multithreaded DLL etc.

I suspect that I am doing something really bad within the project (like linking method) or having mismatching LIBS and DLLS. Of course, I only used what was supplied in the distribution, so I find it unlikely that the versions within the zipfile would be erroneous.

Does anyone have or know of any URLs of where I could find complete projects using VC++? Having a known, good project would provide a way to compare compile settings. Getting it working once will enable me to get it going a second time.

Any help, thoughts, resources you are aware of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris Rogers