Re: [paragui-users] Member callbacks: MSG_CALLBACK_OBJ cast

From: Vovan
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Member callbacks: MSG_CALLBACK_OBJ cast
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:29:49 -0400

Well, it doesn't look all that easy...

First of all, yes I am using VisualC++, sorry, I should have made it more
clear.

Now, it turned out that there is this compiler option /vmg that I forgot to
include in the project build. And that seems to be the right thing, as it
allows to select the method that the compiler uses to represent pointers to
class members.

Now, I tried to compile the program using the option, and the compiler
didn't complain. However, the callback still doesn't work, as when I click
the button for which the callback is registered, the program simply freezes.
Similarly, when I move the slider in the tutorial examples, the program
blurts out an unhandled exception and dies. I am really not sure what else I
could change, as now the project settings are exactly identical.

I was thinking that maybe the problem was in the fact that I compiled the
libraries manually, and maybe there was some option I was missing there as
well. But after I downloaded the binaries and replaced what I had come up
with myself with them, it didn't make things any better...

Any more ideas on what may be going on?

Thanks in advance,
Vovan