[paragui-users] adding custom stuff to paraguis Run loop and integrating

From: Robby Dermody
Subject: [paragui-users] adding custom stuff to paraguis Run loop and integrating paragui with SDL_console?
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 14:46:19 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate paragui in with SDL_console. If anyone here has used
SDL_console, I used the ConsoleExample.c file for code, which included a lot
of openGL initialization code (do I need this if I'll be using paragui? does
paragui do this for me if I use its openGL support?). The other thing is
that SDL_console needs to have some of its own stuff on the run loop (i.e.
if the console is "down", I pass all unhandled events to it's event handler
function, at least that's what the demo did). I see that one can Run the
PGApplication Run() command as a thread, but that's out of the question
since win32 is one of my target platforms and it isn't supported there (from
what I've read and saw in the cvs code). So, is it possible to "extend"
paragui's event loop Run() function, or hook into it somehow? Might I do my
own run loop and call the sdl console event loop AND the paragui event loop
handlers from this? How should I handle this?

I'm just getting started with it now but I'm looking forward to fooling with
ParaGUIs OpenGL stuff as well, if anyone has integrated the Kyra sprite
engine and paragui in the same app, I'd love to hear from you. :)

Thanks for any help.

Robby