papo-hackers

[Papo-hackers] papo/zot sample.zot zot2dot.pl Zot.pm Zot/Table.pm

From: John Lenton
Subject: [Papo-hackers] papo/zot sample.zot zot2dot.pl Zot.pm Zot/Table.pm
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:19:58 -0500

CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/papo
Module name:    papo
Changes by:     John Lenton <address@hidden>    02/11/19 10:19:55

Modified files:
        zot            : sample.zot zot2dot.pl
Added files:
        zot            : Zot.pm
        zot/Zot        : Table.pm

Log message:
        * first attempt at a cleaner zot. What was zot is now split in two,
        one "Zot" that acts as a container for many "Zot::Table"s. The
        result is IMNSHO much cleaner than the original; YRMV.

        * rewrote zot2dot to try out the cleanliness of Zot. Conclusion: Zot
        may be cleaner, but zot2foo still have to do a lot of black magic
        because, well, that's what they do and there's no hiding it.
        However references to Zot from zot2foo are much shorter and
        clearer, so hopefully that helps a bit.

        * the cleaning up of zot2dot that _has_ happened, apart from the
        aforementioned references to Zot, is completely unrelated; I was
        doing stuff twice, because brief mode was a quick hack that grew
        (sound familiar?). I merged quick mode and full mode, with the
        resulting code being clearer, plus full mode now having the
        ability to group by inheritance. Also, since splitting of
        transactional tables is now done in Zot, added a -h switch to show
        the _data tables. I should probably group the tables with their
        _data, but that's another matter (read: later).

        * added inheritance to the sample Zot file, sample.zot. Should
        probably not have used the f-word; will fix that.

CVSWeb URLs:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/papo/papo/zot/Zot.pm?rev=1.1
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/papo/papo/zot/sample.zot.diff?tr1=1.1&tr2=1.2&r1=text&r2=text
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/papo/papo/zot/zot2dot.pl.diff?tr1=1.2&tr2=1.3&r1=text&r2=text