Re: [Paparazzi-devel] INDI gain sheduling and VTOL

From: Ewoud Smeur
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] INDI gain sheduling and VTOL
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:19:00 +0000

Hi Chris,

Just to be clear - for the attitude control you can either use INDI or PID. If you choose for PID you can use the gain_scheduling module, for which you put the GAIN_SETS section in your airframe. You can define multiple gain sets between it should interpolate, and you can change the variable that it uses for this purpose and the scheduling points. The example that you show uses the transition_status, a variable that does not exist (any more). But in general, you can use a fixed point number, and define the amount of bitshifts that is uses with SCHEDULING_VARIABLE_FRAC.

Alternatively, I think you can also use the floating point PID controller with different gain scheduling code.

Otherwise, you can use INDI (I don't recommend indi_simple for this, because the saturation handling is not as good). https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Working_with_INDI

Regards,

Ewoud