Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PaparazziUAV project - control more servos

From: Ivan Fedorov
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PaparazziUAV project - control more servos
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 06:08:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Chris,

That would be great if you can share it, thank you!
Could you please send the code to  me by email?

Kind Regards,
Ivan

On Thu, 3/11/16, hendrixgr . <address@hidden> wrote:

 To: "Paparazzi UAV devel list" <address@hidden>

 Hi.
 I have the
 software ready and tested for the PCA9685 if you need it.
 Chris

 On Sat,
 Oct 29, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
 <address@hidden>
 wrote:
 Hi,

 i think there are many  ways to a solution:

 1 Cascade the 5-stage Johnson 4017b counter as described in
 the data sheet page 8  HEF4017B MSI 5-stage Johnson
 counter. You need a additional and gate like

    the   4081. This chip  has  four. (look  here aso
 http://www.dieelektronikerseit
 e.de/Elements/4017%20-%20Der%2
 0besondere%20Zaehler.htm.

    This solution may cause wrong pulses for one period of
 40ms.

    Conneting the reset of the secound 4017b to the reset
 input of the first on the paparazzi autopilot  may solve
 this problem.

    You can also use a second free pin of the autopilot
 like the twog to reset the second counter.

    An disadvantage of the cascade solution is a  doubled
 time period to 40 ms. This may cause problems with the
 servos.

 2 Use a additional counter to separate pins (reset,
 Impulse). With this solution you can generate a standard
 rate of 20 ms for all servos outputs.

 3 For STM32 autopilots use 2 normal servo outputs for 2 4017
 counters

 4 Use the PCA 9685 with 16 outputs like this pcb
https://www.adafruit.com/produ
 ct/815 .

    You can cascade the pca9685 to get 32 outputs. This
 soulution will work with all paparazzi autopilots.

 All this solutions need software changes. This may need same
 time to learn  the paparazzi software structures.

 Regads

 Heinrich