Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ChibiOS v3 in Paparazzi

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ChibiOS v3 in Paparazzi
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:45:46 +0200

Dear Alexandre Bustico,
tank you for the answer. I will make a test with the Black Magic Probe.
regards,

Heinrich

Am 15.06.2016 11:19, schrieb Alexandre Bustico:
Le 15/06/2016 11:04, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers a écrit :
Dear Gautier Hattenberger,

work the Black Magic Probe also with  Chbios- tasks?
With the OpenOCD and GDB i had problems since each Task has his own heap and stack.
regards,

Heinrich

Hello,

Each task has his own stack, but the heap is global to all tasks.

With black magic probe, we have no problem to debug, it's even more reliable than the openocd way.

There is some plugins in eclipse and chibi studio to have a view of stack occupation, and that plugin is not compatible with black magic probe, but, for now, we have seen that we can live without. There are other solutions for stack occupation, one can leave chibios check for stack overflow,
and periodically check it at runtime.

Alexandre