[Paparazzi-devel] Ocaml Build Error in Ubuntu 16.04

From: rijesh
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Ocaml Build Error in Ubuntu 16.04
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 20:23:32 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

I just installed ubuntu 16.04 and upgraded all my packages. I then went on
to install paparazzi using the one liner.
When doing so I ocaml version 4.02.3 was installed by default.

Got a few build errors and warnings when compiling ocaml.
I got the warning that strings was deprecated use bytes instead.

I got the error:
Error: This expression has type int32 but an expression was expected of type
Gdk.native_window

I attempted to fix this by installing opam and running:
opam install -v lablgtk.2.16.0

This resulted in the recompilation of ocamlnet to fail.

I then went and downgraded to ocaml 4.01.0:
opam switch 4.01.1

Then I reinstalled any dependencies as required.

regards
Rijesh