Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 18:22:29 +0200

Hi Kevin,

yes, In order to simulate an aircraft, you need a mathematical model for it.
The JSBSim FDM back end of NPS uses XML files to describe the aircraft (set via NPS_JSBSIM_MODEL).
So you need to create such a model (in conf/simulator/jsbsim/aircraft), refer to JSBSim docs on how to create JSBSim models.

Regarding AUX3: as I said you have to first create a command, then assign this command to a servo, see https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Airframe_Configuration#Commands
e.g.
add servo named BAR
<servos>
  <servo name="BAR" no="5" min="1000" neutral="1000" max="2000"/>
</servos>

add command named FOO
<commands>
  <axis name="FOO" failsafe_value="0"/>
</commands>

assign command FOO to servo BAR
<command_laws>
  <set servo="BAR" value="@FOO"/>
</command_laws>

set command FOO to value of radio AUX3 channel
<rc_commands>
  <set command="FOO" value="@AUX3"/>
</rc_commands>

Cheers, Felix