[Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project

From: notoriou5
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 03:26:25 -0700 (MST)

Hello to all the paparazzi-lovers,

my name is Kevin and i am opening this thread as a "work in progress" thread
in hope to get some help from time to time on my project without opening a
new thread for each question. I hope that I can also give you some new ideas
for your own project and that you enjoy following mine.

*About me and my Project:*

As i mentioned, my name is Kevin and I am a 25 year old student at the
FH-Aachen in Germany. I study Aerospace Engineering with major in
Construction and a big passion in UAV's and RC'S. I worked with Multiwii and
APM before, but I am totally new to the Paparazzi UAV.  I own a quad and a
flying wing myself and enjoy flying them every time I am free.

Currently I am working on my Bachelorthesis which is basically a Y4 Quad
with 180° between the Arms and a tilting coaxial front engine. Later on
there will be an aerodynamic cover for the lift during forward fly. For now,
my task is to program the Quad so it can start vertically and fly stable.
After that, the front engine will be tilted to 90° and the vehicle should
transition into flying like an airplane. The two back engines will be
stopped during this flying mode.

<http://lists.paparazziuav.org/file/n17906/Tiltrotor_konzept.tiltrotor_konzept>

I choose Paparazzi UAV with a LISA M Controller because I think it is a
really promising platform if you want to go into autonomous flying later.
Furthermore, I would like to strengthen my programming skills too :D

*Questions:*

For the start, I already have some questions. I would be really thankful if
you guys could have a look at it:

*1)* I work with one other student on this project. We would like to share
the changed files with each other without hard copying them every time. I
would like to have this privat so I thought maybe I use GITLAB, but somehow
I could not make it work. I could not add the /paparazzi folder as an
repository. Could it be that I can not do it this way because it is already
a repository of GITHUB? Is there another smarter and easier way us to share
the files easily?

*2)* Like I mentioned, we work with a LISA M V2.1 Controller. We ordered it
from 1bitsquared.de I tried to flash it but it did not work right away. Do I
need to do something with the LISA M before I can flash it? I found
something with the /luftboot/ bootloader, but this is only to change the
software on the LISA M, not the paparazzi build. Am I right?

*3)* I was playing around a bit with the GitHub and GitLab and somehow I
managed to break my code and it does not seem to work anymore. It compiled
perfectly fine before but now I have an undeclared variable. Somebody knows
what that means?
<http://lists.paparazziuav.org/file/n17906/putbuffer.png>