Re: [Paparazzi-devel] AR Drone 2, PaparazziUAV, and image tracking.

From: Roland Meertens
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] AR Drone 2, PaparazziUAV, and image tracking.
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 17:47:52 +0200

Dear Robin,

To help you kickstart your project you can follow our course here: mavlabcourse.tk

Good luck!

- Roland

If your vision code is not too heavy, this sounds possible.

Look at the videothread, cv

We also cross compiled part of opencv for bebop/ardrone in github.com/tudelft/opencvbebop. That is C++ and not python though.

I recommend making a new module like cv-color.XML and calling opencv c++ functions.

Hello everyone,

My team is currently working on a project with an AR Drone 2. We are trying
to use paparazziuav with image tracking code. The concept is to create a
flight plan where we have the drone fly to a waypoint. Once at the waypoint,
have the drone run our code where it detects a specific object and
autonomously follows it around for a set amount of time. When it is
finished, have the drone fly back home. None of us are very familiar with
xml at the moment. The object tracking and following code is in python, and
uses OpenCV.

My question is whether or not our concept seems possible.

We also tried running the tracking code and then paparazzi, and found out
about how ports work after the tracking code crashed once paparazzi code was
uploaded. We had wanted to have a window displaying the video stream with
the code. I saw from the wiki about the gstreamer option, which I am looking
into further.

Thanks for your time.
Justin