Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Feasability of ardrone with paparazzi for surveill

From: Ewoud Smeur
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Feasability of ardrone with paparazzi for surveillance
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 16:56:26 +0100

Hi Thomas, Robert,

Regarding the ARDrone, while what Kirk says is true, we never managed to get the ARDrone 2 to fly reliably outdoors. This is because the interface with the magnetometer was very troublesome. I think the guys at ENAC had more luck with this though. We only use the ARDrone for experiments where there is no need for a magnetometer.

Regarding the rolling spider, we worked on this in the past and there is a wiki page about this: http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Rolling_Spider . It might be a bit outdated though.

Regards,

Ewoud