Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Ivy-c on paparazzi-uav PPA & Ivy-python Python 3.x

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Ivy-c on paparazzi-uav PPA & Ivy-python Python 3.x patch
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 12:58:18 +0100

Hi Cindy,

In ivy-c it was basically it was assumed that you build the package on your system with same kernel version where you run it later...

I had the same problem on my BBB image some time ago and hence asked Alexandre (ivy-c maintainer) to change it to only print a warning and not exit with an error anymore...
So it's in SVN but (since the server is often not properly reachable) I never got around to update the Debian/Ubuntu packages...
The version on launchpad is 3.15.1 (SVN rev 3641), so only missing that change: https://svn.tls.cena.fr/wsvn/ivy/ivy-c/?op=log&isdir=1&peg=3641

If at some point I can actually update my local ivy-c checkout without a connection timeout, I'll upload new packages so you can just use the armhf binaries even if your kernel version is older...
@Alexandre: maybe you could update the minor version and changelog in SVN first so that I don't start creating new versions myself...

Cheers, Felix