Re: [Paparazzi-devel] v5.8_stable released

From: David Conger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] v5.8_stable released
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 17:32:36 -0400

Awesome work, that's quite a list of enhancements!
Merry Christmas all.
David B Conger

On Monday, 21 December 2015, Felix Ruess <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

just in time for Christmas we are happy to announce the release of Paparazzi v5.8_stable.

Check out the v5.8 branch from git to stay on this stable branch (which as usual will get some important fixes backported) or use the master branch to follow the latest development.

With contributions from over 20 people, we fixed a lot of bugs, improved things here and there and have quite a few major additions compared to v5.6.

Just to pick out a few:
- ADS-B support
- improved use of optic flow for velocity estimation
- improved mavlink support
- possibility to reduce RAM and Flash usage by compressing sine table
- hence support for naze32, CC3D and CJMCU boards
- flip mode for multicopters
- INDI guidance loop
- lots of improvements/additions for computer vision modules
- high speed logging to SD Card via SPI
- improve support for Bebop and add Bebop2
- guided mode for rotorcrafts

Please see the CHANGELOG for a more detailed list of changes and new features.

Merry Christmas,
Felix for the Paparazzi UAV team

http://www.ppzuav.com