[Paparazzi-devel] Using Paparazzi with Parrot Rolling Spider

From: Matthew Samuel Berk
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Using Paparazzi with Parrot Rolling Spider
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 04:12:31 +0000

Hey all,

Initially posted this on gitter but figured this is probably a better venue for
it.

New to paparazzi and am trying to get it working on a Rolling Spider we have in
the lab for some controls research but have had minimal success. It's shown on
the wiki and I can telnet onto it from Ubuntu but have not had success with
actually uploading from Paparazzi Center. I looked at the rollingspider branch
from the TUdelft repo but still no luck.

When I attempt upload I get the following error in the output window:

----
Could not connect to Parrot UAV (host: 192.168.2.1)
make[1]: *** [upload] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/matthew/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
make: *** [ap.upload] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/matthew/paparazzi’
----

but I can connect via telnet to 192.168.2.1
This is with using the "bebop" airframe from the aforementioned rollingspider
branch which appears to be what was used. There is no "rollingspider" airframe
and most of the edits on that branch involve the bebop one.

Also, I am using Ubuntu inside of VMware Fusion 7.1.2 from a Macbook Pro if
that is known to have issues.

Thanks,
-Matthew