Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems with magnetic field

From: Thomas Kolb
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems with magnetic field
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:58:39 +0200

Hi Felix,

Am Wed, 26 Aug 2015 18:50:22 +0200
schrieb Felix Ruess <address@hidden>:
> of course using the throttle command to estimate the current is only
> a very coarse approximation on multirotors....
> But you are absolutely right that it can at least be improved a bit:
> for rotorcrafts zero throttle does not mean that the motors are not
> running and you have to distinguish between motors off and idle (with
> both zero throttle command).
>
> You could use the kill_throttle variable (basically the opposite of
> motors_on) which is (at least currently) available in both fixedwing
> and rotorcraft.

Thanks for the suggestions. Of course a current sensor would be more
precise, but a little correction is at least better than no correction
at all.

I have implemented the changes now (see pull request:
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/pull/1319 ) and tested them on
my quad. The psi angle is now stable after motor startup, so it seems
to work. I still have to verify it for higher throttle, but in general
it looks promising :) .

Best regards,

Thomas