[Paparazzi-devel] GPS Fix problems in first autonomous flight with ar dr

From: Sreenath Dama
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS Fix problems in first autonomous flight with ar drone 2.0
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 10:59:55 +0530

Hi,

We am trying to fly first autonomous flight on ar drone 2.0 with parrot gps dongle. we are unable to fly it, as gps is not fixing. We have taken into account of sirf gps module by following the below steps.
  1) We have made changes in "ardrone2.xml" for parrot gps module. (i,e "ublox" -> "sirf" and commenting "gps_ubx_ucenter module").
  2) Gps baud rate to set to 57600 in "ardrone2.makefile".

I have come acroos this lik ,which says that gps driver haven't installed. Is it the reason in my case for GPS for not locking in gcs. But when ar drone is connected through AR FreeFlight app, it is showing number of satellites and gps accuracy also. It seems that gps driver is installed.

Attached the Flight plan xml file. We are unable to start the "Start Engine" block in the flight plan and proceed further.

Thanks ,
sreenath