Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Real time waypoint uplinking

From: Luke Ionno
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Real time waypoint uplinking
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 18:29:21 -0400

I did something similar, over the Ivybus...  Since (at the time, at least)
waypoints couldn't actually be added in-flight, I created a number of
'spare' waypoints cached off in the corner of the flight plan, which the
external program would then move into position as required.

This approach worked for the most part, but doing the mass-movement of 10+
waypoints at almost the same time would bottleneck somewhere along the line,
resulting in lost waypoint moves.  I was trying to move the waypoints
quickly, so I couldn't wait to receive the waypoint move confirmation,
etc...  Ended up just broadcasting the move commands twice, with short
pauses (0.5 seconds or so) between each command.

-Luke