[Paparazzi-devel] Plane changing direction in GCS

From: rijesh
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Plane changing direction in GCS
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 09:26:31 -0700 (MST)

Hi All,

Sorry for the repost. I didn't subscribe properly and it missed the mailing
list.

When I use paparazzi the aircraft does not point in the direction of flight.
I have adjusted the body to imu angles in flight and they may temporarily
point in the right direction but will eventually return to an off angle.
Also the direction may change just wildly, but I believe this is due to
current flowing past the board. (current sensor is attached right off of
battery and does not account for this additional current)

Now I do know that I have some current flowing past my autopilot board, but
even when the board is stationary on a table with constant current and I
rotate the board, the icon on the GCS will react to the change but then
slowly return back to the same orientation. The IMU MAG data shows the
movement, but the icon doesn't correspond.

Example my board is point at 30degrees.I rotate the board 60degrees so it is
at 90degrees. I see the plane on the GCS rotate to 90degrees, but then it
will rotate back to 30 degrees. Board is still stationary.

I am using a lisa mx v2.1. I have also tried setting <configure
name="USE_MAGNETOMETER" value="FALSE"/> but I still see the same effect.

http://pastebin.com/HSt8Fh5X

Thanks for any help.