Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Distance measurement tool in Paparazzi GCS

From: Balázs GÁTI
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Distance measurement tool in Paparazzi GCS
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 17:34:11 +0200

Dear Joseph,

if you choose to edit the flight plan in the GCS and you click on a waypoint, you'll get a window filled with the specification of the waypoint. You can change the reference to the position from WGS84 to any other waypoints. In this case you'll get the relative position in polar coordinates, namely distance and direction.

Regards,
 Balazs

What would it take to add a measurement tool to the GCS? I often
struggle to estimate how far my waypoints are from each other or the
distance to some objects.

Or is it better to use mavlink and an existing GCS with preexisting
measurement tools?

Thanks,
Joseph

---
Balazs GATI, PhD
associate professor
Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway
Vehicles

Address:   Budapest
Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
1111