Re: [Paparazzi-devel] A problem getting started with an ARDrone 2

From: Ori Pessach
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] A problem getting started with an ARDrone 2
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:30:59 -0700

Thanks! I'll give this a try as soon as I have a working GPS module.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 2:05 AM, John-papa <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ori Pessach,
we were working on ARdrone2 in our team and we experimented the same issue.
our problem was exactly the faulty  GPS unit which triggered fail-safe
therefore resulting an immediate landing.
about the roll command you just mentioned, we experimented the same result
when we commanded take-off but calling a function in the flight plan
corrected this behavior. the function nav_set_heading_current() below came
to rescue.
we used the code below for our flight plan GEO INIT block. make sure you run
this block before take-off. i think you should give this a try because it
solved our problem.

    <block name="Geo init">
      <while cond="LessThan(NavBlockTime(),10)"/>
      <call fun="NavSetGroundReferenceHere()"/>
      <call fun="NavSetAltitudeReferenceHere()"/>
      <call fun="NavSetWaypointHere(WP_CLIMB)"/>
      <call fun="nav_set_heading_current()"/>
    </block>