Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:05:15 +0200

Hi,
the pressure sensor reacts of sun light.
Is that the problem?
You have to cover them in same foam.
Is the IMU connected separate with same wires?
The 168MHz  prevent sometimes well GPS signals.
Therefore it is always a  good way to make a shield of metal
and use ferrite rings on all wires from and to the autopilot.

Sometimes the sensor element mpu6000 is defect.

Regards Heinrich

Balazs GATI schrieb:

Hi all,

yesterday we experienced the total loss of attitude calculation of a Lisa/M v2 (quadshot) with Aspirin IMU in open air. (I mean the artificial horizon went wild after we left the building.) Fortunately we didnt want to fly, but test the GPS. Finally we could identify the problem: the IMU worked only if we provided some kind of physical cover to the module. Steel and aluminium sheet, thick paper worked. (80g/m2 copy paper and pure hand don't.) We could explain the phenomen with the increased sun activity or with some strange failure in grounding.

Have you got similar experience in the last few days?

Regards,
 Balazs