Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help me contribute

From: Samuel Comeau
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help me contribute
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 01:20:03 -0400

Hello Chris,

Yes, TuDelft is paparazzi powered, and they are the people that required the
Lisa S in the first place. They are one of our sources for the whole project.
However, their code is not available and probably never will be. I have tried
contacting them, but they would be interested in a partnership, which we
couldn't be, since we don't have much to give them. We're a bachelor level
team, while they're all PhDs, and we are not doing fundamental research, only
trying to apply existing concepts.

I assume one of the reasons why their code isn't available to the public was
because of problems of structure integration into the existing code base. We
have managed to make a bird flap its wings, but it involved a lot of disrespect
to the existing code, and breakage in various places. Most importantly,
however, it assumes the bird is a rotorcraft in some parts of the code, and
the failed implementation of a flapping_wings firmware takes care of the rest.

Samuel Comeau