Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Question about throttle control for fixed-wing air

From: wertrrte
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Question about throttle control for fixed-wing aircrafts
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

Loic,thanks for your reply!

Your advice is so helpful and I will follow it.

Since you know so well about the control loops,I'd like to ask another
question,sorry for bothering you so much.

In the pitch loop (in stabilization_attitude.c,fixed-wing),comparing to the
code,there is one sentence:

float cmd = -h_ctl_pitch_pgain * (err + h_ctl_pitch_dgain * d_err);

So,why the  '-' ?  If real pitch is bigger than the expected,we should add
positive value to the elevator so

the plane's pitch will be smaller and the err can be eliminated.Isn't it?
Why is the '-' used?

wertrrte