[Paparazzi-devel] Superbit USBRF Radio Dongle issue: Failure opening ser

From: Prabir Guha
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Superbit USBRF Radio Dongle issue: Failure opening serial device: fd < 0 (/dev/ttyUSB0)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 08:23:53 -0400

Hello All:

I am very new to paparazzi auto pilot (Lisa/S). I am running paparazzi GCS on Ubuntu 12.10. When I plug-in the Superbit USBRF radio dongle to the usb port, the device is recognized by the kernel, but I do not see a /dev/ttyUSB0. So when I try to execute session for Flight address@hidden, I get the " Failure opening serial device: fd < 0 (/dev/ttyUSB0) " error. I am sure I am missing a device driver somewhere! The blackmagic JTAG probe works fine though and I do see the /dev/ttyACM0 device the blackmagic probe is connected to the usb port.

Can one of you gurus let me know what I need to do to get the /dev/ttyUSB0 device show up when the Superbit USBRF Radio dongle to the usb port ?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Regards,

--Prabir