[Paparazzi-devel] lisa/m v2 quadrotor / current minor issues

From: Oswald Berthold
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa/m v2 quadrotor / current minor issues
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:02:36 +0200

dear all,

after unweaving several independent but (as usual) coincident issues i
was doing my first flight above 1m ground altitude yesterday.

turns out my IMU outages weren't related to the power supply but to
configuring aspirin v2.1 instead of 2.2. well i hope, that is indeed the
case but IMU seems to come up reliably now.

now cooking:
 1. attitude estimation still seems to go wrong occasionally after
   powering up, resulting in a slight offset of pitch/roll angles
   (i.e. aircraft flat on the ground but still significant angles in
   estimate). is there anything about not moving the aircraft after
   plugging the battery?
 2. my controller is still suboptimal, in particular YAW seems to go
   through an oscillatory left-right sweeping motion. need mag calib for
   outdoor situation?
 3. i don't seem to get altitude measurements / baro. AGL field in the
   GCS always reads 0 for alt and rate. i added the baro line below,
   gleaned from quadshot config, to airframe conf but with no effect

    <target name="ap" board="lisa_m_2.0">
      <subsystem name="radio_control" type="spektrum">
        <define name="RADIO_MODE" value="RADIO_AUX1"/>
        <configure name="LISA_M_BARO" value="BARO_MS5611_SPI"/>
      </subsystem>
    </target>

if anyone can share a hint on any of 1-3, would be great (lisa/m v2,
asp. 2.2, current master), nothing urgent though.

bst, oswald