Re: [Paparazzi-devel] rotorcraft / throttle sensitivity / rate mode

From: Oswald Berthold
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] rotorcraft / throttle sensitivity / rate mode
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 23:18:47 +0200

hey,

thx for all the feedback so far. briefly commenting inline ..

Felix Ruess writes:

> Hi again,
>
> Regarding motors spinning up when disarming via zero throttle full yaw:
> We could probably add something that doesn't pass through the yaw command
> if you have zero throttle in the read_rc functions...
> Added an issue/feature request for that:
> https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/736

cool.

> Regarding yaw behavior, are you talking about rate or attitude mode?

ATT

> In attitude mode, the yaw stick "simply" changes the yaw setpoint with a
> maximum rate of STABILIZATION_ATTITUDE_SP_MAX_R at full yaw stick.
> This yaw setpoint is then passed to the attitude reference model (roughly
> meaning it will "smooth" your attitude setpoint and calculate reference
> rates and accelerations to reach that attitude setpoint). The main
> parameter to adjust the "speed" of the yaw reference
> is STABILIZATION_ATTITUDE_REF_OMEGA_R.

> You can also look at increasing STABILIZATION_ATTITUDE_REF_MAX_R so that
> this limit doesn't really come into effect.
> We could probably remove the REF_MAX_x parameters as in most cases they
> should not really be used (meaning it should be set such that they actually
> don't limit it).
> Already discussed here: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/pull/663

i briefly varied these settings this morning and it seems to go into the
right direction. so in short, you do a bit more work than simply rate
controlling yaw in ATT? (i'll need to do more experimenting, try RATE
etc.).

cheers, opt