Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi JSBSim configuration

From: Shaun C
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi JSBSim configuration
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 11:01:18 -0400

Hi Felix,

Thank your for your recent help with jsbsim. I have a question regarding the nps simulation. Is the nps simulation tightly integrated into the autopilot code?

We have been setting up a system with an isolated autopilot for a fixed wing aircraft and have it communicate with a simulator on a PC. The autopilot is running on an rtos on a separate board. We are currently sending the 6 degree pose info and the gps from the simulator to the board. Do you think this setup would be possible with the nps based simulator or is there more going on with the data after it comes from the FDM? I have looked at the nps code and it looks coupled with the autopilot, especially regarding the simulated sensors so I am wary of just taking the jsbsim FDM data and omitting the nps autopilot calls.

Regards,
Shaun.