Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Embargo to export autopilots from US?

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Embargo to export autopilots from US?
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 14:00:28 +0300

I know about the discovery daughterboard.
About the paparazzi autopilot boards coming from USA the problem in logic is that a firmware less mcu board is not an autopilot. Also USA does not restrict selling those to inside US and Canada which means that the target is non US citizens like the rest of the world depends on USA for an autopilot, (i am not saying this to blame USA but to show that the bureaucrat who decided this does not know the field). I don't think that this will apply to paparazzi because the firmware is fully open source (the 3dr is not) and above all paparazzi hardware is not USA designed but lets say manufactured by a USA subcontractor. As i said i don't know what they want to achieve with this other than loose money.
Chris