Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ins alt_float using barometer.

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ins alt_float using barometer.
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 23:06:55 +0200

Hi,

using alt_float without baro will filter the altitude you get from the GPS and directly use the vertical speed from GPS.
If this yields better results than using gps_passthrough can't answered in general, it depends how good your GPS altitude is (GPS sensor, antenna, satellite visibility, etc...)...

In master using ins alt_float with USE_BAROMETER should not be difficult at all, you don't need to specify any INS_BARO_SENS and stuff like that anymore...
However if your GPS is good, it should yield better results than using e.g. the BMP085 barometer... The MS5611 should be better than the BMP, but I don't have any quantitative results compared to e.g. a ublox6.

Cheers, Felix