Re: [Paparazzi-devel] multirotor mode for attitude control and current 3

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] multirotor mode for attitude control and current 3D position hold
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:54:19 +0200

For the horizontal part the difference is that if you switch between attitude mode and hover (position hold), the integrator terms are reset and hence if you fly in wind the integrator of the position controller first needs to compensate for that again (after switching from attitude).
In that case simply using HOVER_Z_HOLD and commanding velocities should be more stable in wind, since in end-effect you move the position setpoint (roughly speaking).