Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ardrone parrot GPS no fix

From: Freek van Tienen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ardrone parrot GPS no fix
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:38:48 +0100

Hello Oswald,

The parrot flight recorder uses the SiRF protocol instead of the ublox, which is default in the ardrone2_raw airframe. You need to set the correct baud rate of the GPS together with changing it to SiRF.
But I highly suggest to use a better GPS like an ublox, this will make it perform much better.

Greetings,
Freek

dear list,

trying to get my ardrone flying with ppz and the the parrot flight
recorder.

 - drone is flashed with firmware 2.4.8
 - using ardrone2_sdk the GCS doesn't receive telemetry at all.
 - using ardrone2_raw that works but i don't get a GPS fix.
 - /dev/ttyUSB0 is there, flight recorder is blinking with ~1Hz white LED

just thought i'd ask for hints before i start shovelling.

bst, opt