Re: [Paparazzi-devel] i2c silent again

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] i2c silent again
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:29:42 +0100

Hi!
If there is no connection to esc's anymore - it's a sign of probable damage. Can't really say however what was the particular reason for it. My only explanation could be the wrong balancer connection for powering the board. What you still can try is to connect an i2c level converter to check if it helps. But I wouldn't really recommend trying to work with mk esc's and probably damaged bus. Imho I2C bus is generally a bad and unreliable solution for controlling such kind of devices, especially in case of probable bus damage.
Best Regards,
Sergey

Hi David,

I am again in trouble. I want to replace my powering from 3S to 4S because my neutral-hower-throttle was around 80% of throttle.

For to do it: I removed the power from main power distribution board and made a connector for balancer port of the same battery as feed the power board. On balancer I connected only the first 3 cell and therefore I hope that can watch the consumption while i got my atto sensor. I powered first the AP over balancer and a few minutes later the main connectors. The AP started perfect, the I2C ESC-s - what I got also from You - started as regular, but at the end all show red LED on, so indocate no signal on I2C0 bus!!!!
So I can not start the motors!!!!

A few minutes later I made everything back to 3S config. But the problem is the same! What can happen? How can I check the I2C communiction of AP?

SilaS