Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 3-axis gimbal for gopro2?

From: Noah Martin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 3-axis gimbal for gopro2?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:45:30 +0100

Hi Laurie,
You can choose for:
 - rotorcraft: quadrotor
    exemple: dji F450
     http://www.studiosport.fr/offre-premium-dji-f450-p-3101.html
     http://www.studiosport.fr/trains-datterrissage-fixes-pour-dji-f450-f550-p-2704.html
     http://vimeo.com/63030851

 - flightplan : rotorcraft_basic
 - Airframe:  quadrotor_lisa_m_2_pwm_spectrum.xml
   with a lisa M2.0
      you must add a rotorcraft_cam module
     see please: http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Module/Rotorcraft_cam
-gimbal:  AlexMos Brushless Gimbal Controller
       http://copter99.com/shop/fr/nacelles/8-nacelle-3-axes-brushless-gopro-dys-alexmos.html

-POI and stabilization:
   point of interrest: waypoint CAM declered in rotorcraft_basic flight plan
   *pan= stabilized to 0 deg in earth frame
   *tilt= atan(height/dist_rotorcraft_to_wp_CAM)
   with
   height=height_rotorcraft- height_wp_CAM
    see please https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/sw/airborne/modules/cam_control/rotorcraft_cam.c
   *yaw: the yaw obtained by computing, in the rotorcraft_cam module, the nav_heading angle with  the UAV and not with the gimbal .

Good luck

Noah.

I'm planning to build a copter with a gopro camera mount, and looking
for a 3-axis gimbal for a gopro2 (since I have one - most mounts seem
to want a 3). Anyone got any suggestions?

Likewise, any suggestions for an appropriate airframe (copter)?