[Paparazzi-devel] ARDrone2 Sirf GPS

From: zhuke
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] ARDrone2 Sirf GPS
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 21:02:09 -0800 (PST)

Hey there,

So I have been trying to fly Paparazzi with the AR.Drone2, and currently the
GPS is reporting a 3D GPS fix in the GCS, but the coordinates are 0 latitude
0 longitude. This only occurs in the raw version; in the sdk version, the
GCS reports no GPS fix at all. I am using a Mediatek 3329 GPS connected to
an Arduino which converts the GPS input to Sirf at 115200 baud. Using the
AR.Drone Free Flight App, the GPS is verified to work, as the number of
satellites detected increases. Also, I can use QGroundControl to accurately
locate the drone and fly it using the GPS.

I edited the paparazzi/conf/boards/ardrone2_raw.makefile to configure the
GPS to 115200 baud
I edited paparazzi/conf/airframes/ardrone2_raw.xml to make the subsystem gps
value equal to "sirf"
and commented out the paparazzi/conf/modules/gps_ubx_ucenter.xml file.

Any ideas why the GPS is reporting 0,0?

Thanks